Pages

Ads 468x60px

Labels

Saturday, December 31, 2011

[Bài 27] - EveryDay Proverb - Bad news travels fast

27/ Bad news travels fast
Giải thích :

"Tiếng xấu đồn xa" - những điều không hay, không tốt, xì(sờ)-căng-đan (Scandal) thường được truyền đi rất nhanh qua các phương tiện thông tin đại chúng và giao tiếp hàng ngày .


People are quick to discuss the misfortunes of others.
http://dictionary.reference.com/brow...s+travels+fast

Information about trouble or misfortune disseminates quickly (more quickly than good news)
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/...s+travels+fast

Ví dụ :
a/ John: Hi, Andy. I'm sorry to hear you got fired. Andy: How did you know about that already? It only happened this morning. John: Bad news travels fast.

b/ I called my mother to tell her about my car accident, but my aunt had already told her. Bad news travels fast.


__Chúc các bạn ăn Tết Tây vui vẻ __
 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text

Everyday, I wake up asking my-self : what is the purpose of Life ?

 
Blogger Templates