Pages

Ads 468x60px

Labels

Thursday, January 19, 2012

[Bài 31] - EveryDay Proverb - Beggars can't be choosers

31/ Beggars can't be choosers
Giải thích :

Kẻ ăn xin thì không có quyền chọn lựa, cho gì thì nhận nấy .
Một người khi nhận sự giúp đỡ của người khác cũng vậy, đừng nên đòi hỏi hay phàn nàn khi đã được người khác hỗ trợ .




This idiom means that people who are in great need must accept any help that is offered, even if it is not a complete solution to their problems.

If someone gives you something you asked for, you should not complain about what you get





Ví dụ :

a/ I asked Joe to lend me his bicycle, and he sent me this old, rusty one. But beggars can't be choosers.

b/ Jill: Let me wear your green dress; I don't like the blue one you lent me. Jane: Beggars can't be choosers.
 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text

Everyday, I wake up asking my-self : what is the purpose of Life ?

 
Blogger Templates