Pages

Ads 468x60px

Labels

Thursday, February 2, 2012

[Bài 32, 33] - EveryDay Proverb - Better be safe than sorry

32/ Better late than never
Giải thích :

Muộn còn hơn không .


something that you say which means it is better for someone or something to be late than never to arrive or to happen

Ví dụ :


a/ I'm sorry I'm late to the party. Better late than never, right? Jill: Lisa's birthday was two weeks ago.

b/ Should I send her a card now? Jane: Better late than never.

33/ Better safe than sorry

Giải thích :

something that you say which means it is best not to take risks even if it seems boring or hard work to be careful
An toàn là trên hết, ăn chắc mặc bền .

Ví dụ :

I'll hold the ladder while you climb up. Better safe than sorry.


Xem thêm :
http://www.globaledu.com.vn/Thong-Ti...Tiet/2079/2079
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com

? : các bạn có thấy 2 tục ngữ trên thiếu gì không ?
 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text

Everyday, I wake up asking my-self : what is the purpose of Life ?

 
Blogger Templates